[U-Boot] CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_BOARD status

Masahiro Yamada yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Thu Jul 10 10:10:38 CEST 2014

Hello Wolfgang,

Recently I dumped several mpc8xx, mpc82xx etc. boards
which had been orphaned or without maintainers.

Are there any other (almost) hopeless boards?

Those boards without generic-board conversion
will be removed sooner or later.

If more unmaintained boards could be dropped earlier,
that would lead to our easier life, I think.

(Please don't get me wrong.
I understand u-boot started with PowerPC, especially 8xx
and they are special for you.
I don't want to break your heart by deleting the old boards.
If you are willing to maintain them (= keep up with global changes),
that's no problem.
But if not, they should be dumped at some point.)

Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada