[U-Boot] arm builds fail with with CONFIG_USE_IRQ

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 05:29:33 CEST 2014

Hi,

(apologies in advance for whatever the gmail web client does to this email).

In commit 41623c91 (arm: move exception handling out of start.S files)
code was moved to arch/arm/lib/vectors.S which wrapped symbols like
IRQ_STACK_START and FIQ_STACK_START using the config flag
CONFIG_USE_IRQ. As far as I can tell vector.S doesn't include anything
like common.h or config.h in order to get any of the CONFIG_xyz
defines.

Picking on sheevaplug for no particular reason I get the following
error when I have a config with the options set to sheevaplug:USE_IRQ.

arch/arm/lib/board.c: In function ‘board_init_f’:
arch/arm/lib/board.c:423:14: error: ‘CONFIG_STACKSIZE_IRQ’ undeclared
(first use in this function)
arch/arm/lib/board.c:423:14: note: each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in
arch/arm/lib/board.c:423:35: error: ‘CONFIG_STACKSIZE_FIQ’ undeclared
(first use in this function)

I don't see any arm targets in u-boot master with CONFIG_USE_IRQ set
so I guess this would have been easy to miss. We have one out of tree
board that uses interrupts so I noticed when I tried to update to
v2014.07-rc2 and have confirmed it's still a problem with -rc4.

I think it's just a matter of adding #include <common.h> to vectors.S
and I'll follow up with a patch to that effect shortly but I though
maybe I was missing some other detail.

Thanks,
Chris