[U-Boot] ARM: omap: Looking to dynamically setup ECC and nand settings during boot

Jon Cormier jcormier at criticallink.com
Mon Jul 14 21:06:17 CEST 2014

We have a product based on the 335x that has several different models where
the only difference is the nand part.  We would like to have a unified
u-boot that can dynamically configure the nand's ECC, page size, block
size, etc using a spi eeprom containing a model number.  Both the UBL and
u-boot image are stored in nand. We already do this in the kernel.
Currently in the UBL all the nand information is setup in #defines during
compile time which makes it hard to change at runtime.  I am unsure how to
go about changing this.  Has anyone tried doing this dynamic setup?

We are currently based off of the 2013.10 tag but will move forward if
needed.

--
Jonathan Cormier
CriticalLink