[U-Boot] DM, Kconfig and clang changes

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Jul 15 08:21:53 CEST 2014

Hello Tom,

Am 15.07.2014 01:17, schrieb Tom Rini:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20:31PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Dear Tom,
>>
>> In message<20140714172225.GF1847 at bill-the-cat>  you wrote:
>>>
>>> So the release is out, and I want to make sure that some of these big
>>> changes get as much testing as we can.
>>
>> Please also keep Heiko's MTD/UBI/UBIFS update in mind!
>
> Yes, that however is blocked on (a) fixing of some kernel issue he found

This fix is accepted from Artem, see:

http://git.infradead.org/ubifs-2.6.git/commit/e9110361a9a4e258b072b14bd44eb78cf11453cb

This patch is only necessary in u-boot, if we update to linux v3.16
as there is the bug in v3.16.

> with fastmap, iirc and (b) a follow-up patch doing another re-sync to
> show that in theory his approach is sound and with sufficient care can
> avoid the automerge problems Scott is (legitmately) worried about.

I wasn;t aware of, that you block the mtd/ubi/ubifs patches until I did
such a rebase to v3.15 ... so I try to do this ASAP.

bye,
Heiko