[U-Boot] uboot/odroid test report

Daniel Drake drake at endlessm.com
Thu Jul 17 16:30:48 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Daniel Drake <drake at endlessm.com> wrote:
> I'm getting some new errors though, and my initramfs fails to switch
> to real root, I'll get back to you with more details if this is
> something other than a problem this side.

Silly error this side. Now things are fine. Thanks, great work!

I'm still curious to understand how this SPL/BL2 thing works, given
that with our setup it is basically running the first 14kb of an old
uboot version during early boot? If either of you know..

Also, I didn't manage to get the initramfs to be loaded in the v5
patch, which does:

setenv image_addr ${kerneladdr} - ${fdtaddr}
bootz ${image_addr} ${ramdisk_addr}

Guessing, but I think the problem here is that we end up passing 4
args to bootz, which is not how it is documented. Instead the ramdisk
addr should be passed where the - is in image_addr.

Daniel