[U-Boot] socfpga: initialize MMC

Pavel Machek pavel at denx.de
Mon Jul 21 14:05:24 CEST 2014

Hi!

> > > Please keep list sorted.
> >
> > It was sorted by address before, so I'll keep it like that.
>
> Yes, it was sorted by address, and 0xff704000 goes _before_
> 0xffd08000, not after.

Sorry, I meant "will fix it so that it is sorted after my patches".

> > > Is there a free(host) anywhere?
> >
> > Dynamic allocation does not make much sense here, agreed. But as it is
> > existing code, and there are bigger issues around, I'd prefer to leave
> > it to someone else to clean it up...
>
> I tend to disagree.  If we do not fix the problems as we see them, and
> when we are working on the code anyway, they will never get fixed.

I'm working on the code, anyway, yes. Currently, u-boot is completely
unusable on socfpga. I'd rather fix big problems first, so that code
could be actually tested, and does not bitrot further as happened in
clock and time areas. There are just too many small problems around.

Could we talk on jabber or phone?

Best regards,
									Pavel