[U-Boot] A way to change the status of the whole series on Patchwork ?

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:52:22 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:37:26AM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:49:09 -0700
> Brian Norris <computersforpeace at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:19:42AM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> > > Does Patchwork have any good way to change the status
> > > of the whole series?
> >
> > You can use pwclient via scripts. (I wrote my own hooks for mutt so I
> > can do quicker management straight from my mailbox.)
> >
> > From the web interface, you can also select multiple patch checkboxes,
> > then use the "Change state" drop down at the bottom of the page.
>
> Thanks for your advice.
> I am trying the web interface and I see multiple checkboxes at the left-hand
> side of the page. But I don't see any "Change state" drop down at the bottom.
>
> (Instead, I see "Bundling" stuff such as "Create bundle" and "Add to bundle" boxes
> at the bottom of the page.)

I see "Bundling" too, but I also have a similar box labeled "Properties"
on my view. Notably, I only see the "Properties" (with "Change State",
"Delegate to" and "Archive" drop-downs) on linux-mtd [1] for which I'm a
maintainer. But I don't see it on uboot [2], for which I'm not a
maintainer.

My best guess is that some functions are reserved for project
maintainers, and the web interface only gives access to maintainers (I
believe non-maintainers are typically given permission to change the
status of their own patches, but this portion of the UI may have been
overlooked). Maybe Jeremy knows better.

Regards,
Brian

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/linux-mtd/list/