[U-Boot] A way to change the status of the whole series on Patchwork ?

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 21:45:07 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 09:50:51AM -0400, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 07:49:09PM -0700, Brian Norris wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 11:19:42AM +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> > > Does Patchwork have any good way to change the status
> > > of the whole series?
> >
> > You can use pwclient via scripts. (I wrote my own hooks for mutt so I
> > can do quicker management straight from my mailbox.)
>
> Oooh, can you share?  Thanks!

It's kind of an ugly patchwork (pun!) of Python, shell, etc., so it's
not beautiful to share. But the core of it is that I pipe an email to a
Python script to extract the Message-ID, then pipe that to pwclient for
tasks. Note that the patch "hash" [1] is severely unreliable [2], since
it's easy to have collisions; this left me with using e-mail Message-ID,
which is much more likely to be unique.

The Python tidbit simplifies to this:

  import sys
  from email import message_from_file
  print message_from_file(sys.stdin)['Message-Id']

Then some sort of grepping/regex/etc. can get you the patchwork ID from
the Message-ID. e.g.:

  pwclient list -m "$MESSAGEID" | awk '{print $1;}' | grep '[0-9][0-9]*'

After which you can do your magic with:

  pwclient <action> <patchwork ID>

Unfortunately, this is two round trips to the patchwork server, but
that's the best I have for now.

My .muttrc has bindings like this:

  set pipe_split=yes
  macro index,pager A "<pipe-message>~/scripts/mutt-patchwork-apply<enter>"
  macro index,pager S "<pipe-message>~/scripts/mutt-patchwork-status<enter>"
  macro index,pager I "<pipe-message>~/scripts/mutt-patchwork-info<enter>"

HTH.

Brian

[1] patchwork.git has a parser script (apps/patchwork/parser.py), which
    can give you the patchwork patch hash:

      parser.py --hash

[2] I note the problem with hash collisions here, but I didn't get any
    response:

      https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/patchwork/2014-May/001019.html