[U-Boot] [RFC] Makefile: Add a message warning size change for mpc85xx boards

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 30 07:02:33 CEST 2014

Dear York Sun,

In message <1406669019-31651-1-git-send-email-yorksun at freescale.com> you wrote:
> Some mpc85xx boards are using 768KB size u-boot image while some
> legacy boards still use 512KB. To bring attention to users about
> the size change, a message is printed when compiling. SPL/PBL is
> not covered by this change.

This makes no sense to me.  Where are these magic image sizes coming
from?  This is highly board specific stuff at best, probably valid for
some Freescale boards only.

I think if this is useful at all (which I actually doubt) this should
be moved to board specific code, or if you really think it fits, then
maybe made Freescale vendor specific.

But please keep such stuff out of the global Makefile.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If you want to eat hippopatomus, you've got to pay the  freight."  -
attributed to an IBM guy, about why IBM software uses so much memory