[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-sunxi.git/master

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Jul 31 09:54:09 CEST 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-31 at 13:30 +0900, Masahiro Yamada wrote:
> Hi Tom, Albert, Hans,
>

> I am afraid we are going to be in trouble
> with this pre-Kconfig based PR
> because it includes various new boards.

Yeah, I was wondering how this would work!

> (We can fix the merge conflict,
> but it is not trivial.)
>

> How this is going to work?
>
> Perhaps should we discard unmerged PRs and
> get all the subsystem repos
> synchronized with u-boot/master ?
>

> Or shall we break these boards once
> and fix them in a follow-up patch ?

Can you point us to the conversion script please?

(I say "us/we" here but I'm actually about to get on a plain and be AFK
for several days, so I guess I mean "Hans" ;-))

With that script we could rebase onto the current branch base running
the script at every step (including a new artificial step right before
the top of the branch to pickup all the other boards) and commit --amend
any new defconfigs which are produced.

Then rebase the result of that onto the current master, ignoring
conflicts in boards.cfg (i.e. just deleting it each time).

The result should be a rebased tree where all the changes to boards.cfg
are instead replicated in the appropriate defconfig.

Does that sound workable?

Ian.