[U-Boot] Mainline u-boot on socfpga (SocKit) board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 8 20:20:33 CEST 2014

Dear Chin Liang See,

In message <1399544922.2064.19.camel at clsee-VirtualBox.altera.com> you wrote:

> But nevertheless, it poses another challenge when come to license. The
> driver is currently licensed under BSD-3 clause. Wonder can we upstream
> BSD-3 clause code? Any advise would be appreciated.

It's your code, so why can't you relicense it under GPL?  Why was it
not licensed under GPL from the beginning when it'sbeen written for
U-Boot?

Technically, the "original BSD license, modified by removal of the
advertising clause" (sometimes referred to as the "3-clause BSD
license") is considered to be compatible with the GNU GPL.

Best regards,
Viele Grüße,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Spock, did you see the looks on their faces?"
"Yes, Captain, a sort of vacant contentment."