[U-Boot] Unable to boot the new FIT image

KJ H. Kiran kj.h.kiran at us.abb.com
Mon May 19 06:36:12 CEST 2014

Hi ,

I am trying to make a eval board from TI to boot it with the new FIT image format.

I have followed the below procedure but iam getting the "No valid FDT found - please append one to U-Boot binary, use u-boot-dtb.bin or define CONFIG_OF_EMBED." error message. Cannot find out what is the exact problem.

U-Boot Source:

The latest source code from denx.

 patman: Suppress duplicate signoffs only for real patches on 05/17/2014

Procedure:

Followed the exact same process mentioned in

http://www.denx.de/wiki/pub/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2013/U-Boot_verified_RSA_boot_flow_on_arm_target.pdf

I created a device tree and was able to generate a u-boot-dtb.bin file.

SD CARD:

1) copied the MLO in /boot

2) copied the u-boot-dtb.bin in /boot

3) coped the kernel_fdt.itb file

4) uEnv has

console=ttyO0,115200n8
fitfdt=/boot/kernel_fdt.itb
setenv loadaddr 0x82000000; run mmcargs; ext2load mmc ${mmcdev}:2 ${loadaddr} ${fitfdt};

I loaded the u-boot-dtb.bin file but it still complains ! Not much help form the forums/internet

Please let me know if i missed anything here.

Thanks,

Harsha