[U-Boot] Unable to boot the new FIT image

Jagan Teki jagannadh.teki at gmail.com
Mon May 19 16:39:30 CEST 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM, KJ H. Kiran <kj.h.kiran at us.abb.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> I am trying to make a eval board from TI to boot it with the new FIT image format.
>

> I have followed the below procedure but iam getting the "No valid FDT found - please append one to U-Boot binary, use u-boot-dtb.bin or define CONFIG_OF_EMBED." error message. Cannot find out what is the exact problem.

This shouldn't be an issue with FIT - issue with booting u-boot fdt bin

Just for FIT work usage - try to boot with u-boot.bin (fdt less u-boot bin)
So-that you can end up with normal u-boot booting.

On u-boot prompt and load u-boot-fdt.bin with TEXTBASE then load
u-boot> fatload mmc 0 ${TEXTBASE} u-boot-fdt.bin
u-boot> go ${TEXTBASE}

------ fdt u-boot boot prompt>
u-boot> fatload mmc 0 ${LOADADDR} kernel_fdt.itb
u-boot> bootm ${LOADADDR}

Please send output log for this.

> U-Boot Source:
>
> The latest source code from denx.
>
>  patman: Suppress duplicate signoffs only for real patches on 05/17/2014
>

> Procedure:
>
> Followed the exact same process mentioned in
>
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/pub/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2013/U-Boot_verified_RSA_boot_flow_on_arm_target.pdf
>

> I created a device tree and was able to generate a u-boot-dtb.bin file.
>

> SD CARD:
>
> 1) copied the MLO in /boot
>
> 2) copied the u-boot-dtb.bin in /boot
>
> 3) coped the kernel_fdt.itb file
>
> 4) uEnv has
>
> console=ttyO0,115200n8
> fitfdt=/boot/kernel_fdt.itb
> setenv loadaddr 0x82000000; run mmcargs; ext2load mmc ${mmcdev}:2 ${loadaddr} ${fitfdt};
>

> I loaded the u-boot-dtb.bin file but it still complains ! Not much help form the forums/internet
>

> Please let me know if i missed anything here.

thanks!
--
Jagan.