[U-Boot] Unable to boot the new FIT image

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon May 19 17:43:06 CEST 2014

+Tom

On 19 May 2014 07:39, Jagan Teki <jagannadh.teki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM, KJ H. Kiran <kj.h.kiran at us.abb.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi ,
> >

> > I am trying to make a eval board from TI to boot it with the new FIT image format.
> >

> > I have followed the below procedure but iam getting the "No valid FDT found - please append one to U-Boot binary, use u-boot-dtb.bin or define CONFIG_OF_EMBED." error message. Cannot find out what is the exact problem.
> >

> This shouldn't be an issue with FIT - issue with booting u-boot fdt bin
>
> Just for FIT work usage - try to boot with u-boot.bin (fdt less u-boot bin)
> So-that you can end up with normal u-boot booting.
>
> On u-boot prompt and load u-boot-fdt.bin with TEXTBASE then load
> u-boot> fatload mmc 0 ${TEXTBASE} u-boot-fdt.bin
> u-boot> go ${TEXTBASE}
>
> ------ fdt u-boot boot prompt>
> u-boot> fatload mmc 0 ${LOADADDR} kernel_fdt.itb
> u-boot> bootm ${LOADADDR}
>
> Please send output log for this.

I hit this problem myself and posted this patch and the following series:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/339609/

I heard from one person that it didn't work for them, but I haven't
got back to it yet. Still, it might help you. There was a problem with
the hash pushing out the end of the image.

> > U-Boot Source:
> >
> > The latest source code from denx.
> >
> >  patman: Suppress duplicate signoffs only for real patches on 05/17/2014
> >

> > Procedure:
> >
> > Followed the exact same process mentioned in
> >
> > http://www.denx.de/wiki/pub/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2013/U-Boot_verified_RSA_boot_flow_on_arm_target.pdf
> >

> > I created a device tree and was able to generate a u-boot-dtb.bin file.
> >

> > SD CARD:
> >
> > 1) copied the MLO in /boot
> >
> > 2) copied the u-boot-dtb.bin in /boot
> >
> > 3) coped the kernel_fdt.itb file
> >
> > 4) uEnv has
> >
> > console=ttyO0,115200n8
> > fitfdt=/boot/kernel_fdt.itb
> > setenv loadaddr 0x82000000; run mmcargs; ext2load mmc ${mmcdev}:2 ${loadaddr} ${fitfdt};
> >

> > I loaded the u-boot-dtb.bin file but it still complains ! Not much help form the forums/internet
> >

> > Please let me know if i missed anything here.
>

> thanks!
> --
> Jagan.

Regards,