[U-Boot] Uboot-standalone-kernel.

mazen.e mazen.ezzeddine at gmail.com
Sun May 25 09:43:00 CEST 2014

Dear Marek,

Best thanks for your reply.

Please note that I am graduate student part of my thesis involves the
development of standalone bare-metal  hardware aided mini-hypervisor (on the
arndale exynos 5250) featuring resiliency to critical info leakage (e.g.
micor-architectural leakage etc..).

For this my initial task is to let uboot set the processor in hyp mode and
launch a standalone application (which shall plays the role of the
mini-hypervisor), this mini hypervisor executes a bootm-like command to load
an os image from the storage. This mini-hypervisor shall configure the guest
to trap to it on some few privileged operation (e.g. writing to specific
regions of memory)

Another design decision (I am not sure whether it works) is to extend the
uboot functionality to handle some exception vector handlers trapped from
the guest OS (the number of traps we are interested is very few). This might
lead to a type-0 hypervisor however, in such case the design must be GPLed.

Please share your experience, how do you advise me to proceed.

Thank you very much.