[U-Boot] Standalone application issue.

Rommel G Custodio sessyargc+u-boot at gmail.com
Wed May 28 01:35:21 CEST 2014

Dear Mazen

mazen.e <mazen.ezzeddine <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Wolfgang,
>
> I will do and post the result.
>
> Many thanks.

I've never got "bootm" to run any of the standalone applications in the
example directory but through trial and error (maybe luck) "bootelf" works
for me. I've tested that this works with old 2010.XX and latest 2014.XX
releases. Note I use PowerPC, but worth I try in your case I guess.

This is how I build the hello_world binary:

tools/mkimage -A powerpc -T standalone -C none -a 0x200000 -e 0x200000 -n
hello_world -d examples/standalone/hello_world hello_world.img

And these are these serries of commands that loads and executes the binary:

usb start
fatload usb 0 80000 hello_world.img
bootelf 80040

-----
test # usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   Register 1111 NbrPorts 1
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 3 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
test # fatload usb 0 80000 hello_world.img
reading hello_world.img

69441 bytes read
test # bootelf 80040
## Starting application at 0x00040000 ...
Example expects ABI version 6
Actual U-Boot ABI version 6
Hello World
argc = 1