[U-Boot] Howto u-boot an evk1100 ?

Sril willy_the_cat at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 02:20:40 CEST 2014

Thanks for your answers Andreas.

>AFAIK is there no support for avr32 uc3 devices currently. There where
>some patches but mainline only the ap700x devices are supported.
Currently Yes, there is not.

ap700x and uc3 are not so nearby procs. There is no cache and no mmu in many uc3. In more general way to think, each at32 is far from another, IMHO.

Let's start with :
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-January/thread.html#45925

So, none worked in evk1100 since that time.
I've been surprised and I tried to find some people here and avrfreaks.
I'm not in the habit to re-invent the wheel.
In this case, my purpose is to integrate patches from a worked version of u-boot evk1100.

>Which docs do you mean? UC3 spec is @atmel.com ;)
A README.evk1100 in doc directory for instance.
Most of UC3 (at32uc3a0512) spec is already code in patches.

One can notice that there is no sdramc bug anymore in evk1100. I see no reason at all actually to put it in u-boot. This plate had probably been crushed out by other eval cards that worked well with their first trial product.

Ok, see ya.
Best regards.

Dear Sril,