[U-Boot] Howto u-boot an evk1100 ?

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 10:55:08 CEST 2014

Dear Sril,

On 05/28/2014 02:20 AM, Sril wrote:
>> AFAIK is there no support for avr32 uc3 devices currently. There where
>> some patches but mainline only the ap700x devices are supported.
> Currently Yes, there is not.
>
> ap700x and uc3 are not so nearby procs. There is no cache and no mmu in many uc3. In more general way to think, each at32 is far from another, IMHO.
>
> Let's start with :
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-January/thread.html#45925
>
> So, none worked in evk1100 since that time.

that's true.

> I've been surprised and I tried to find some people here and avrfreaks.

I'm afraid there is no other user than me working with avr32 in u-boot
... and I just have some ap700x devices.

> I'm not in the habit to re-invent the wheel.
> In this case, my purpose is to integrate patches from a worked version of u-boot evk1100.

I'm willing to apply uc3 patches if you send them to the list. So pick
them up and get it working ;)

>> Which docs do you mean? UC3 spec is @atmel.com ;)
> A README.evk1100 in doc directory for instance.

Sorry no such file available. It would be your task to add such a file,
if you provide avr32-uc3 suppport. But I'd rather like to see some
README.avr32-uc3 or something like this than a pure board centric file.

Best regards

Andreas Bießmann