[U-Boot] SPL (Secondary Program Loader) on iMX6SL

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:02:32 CET 2014

Hi John,

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM, John Tobias <john.tobias.ph at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I ported the SPL features of u-boot into iMX6 SabreSD. I was able to
> load the SPL image and configure the DDR correctly.

Cool, could you please submit this patch adding spl support to mx6 sabresd?

I will start working on spl for mx6 and your patch would be very helpful.

> Then, I ported it again on iMX6SL-evk, unfortunately, I did not get
> any data on my serial port window.
> I played with some different values for CCM_CCGR0 - CCM_CCGR6 and
> still not getting data. I am not sure exactly what are the big
> difference between the ROM code of the two chips and why it didn't
> work.
>
> Does anyone could tell me what may be the possible problem?.

Please post a patch adding spl support for mx6sl evk (marked as RFC),
so that we can try to spot some potential issues. Please add on Cc
some of the folks that have previously worked with mx6 spl, so that
they could help reviewing it.

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam