[U-Boot] buildman: using wrong libgcc.a (magic -3)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 5 23:59:47 CET 2014

Dear Steve,

In message <545A7C54.30204 at broadcom.com> you wrote:

> Actually, that would be unfortunate, because I currently have:
> - /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> -
> /opt/eldk-5.4/armv7a/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-linux-gnueabi/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> - (and others)
> installed on my machine....

This is pretty normal.

> If $PATH" was to "take care of it", then somehow $PATH would need to be
> constantly "rearranged" so that the desired compiler is selected correctly.

Yes, this is what is supposed to happen, for a variety of reasons.
Often you select not only the compilers, but more o tools from a
specific "SDK" that way.

Usually there will be scripts that do all this for you; with ELDK,
that would be "eldk-switch".

> IMO it would be best to specify the "absolute path to the prefix"
> completely, and not rely on PATH at all!

No, this is bound to fail.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The management question ... is not _whether_ to build a pilot  system
and  throw  it away. You _will_ do that. The only question is whether
to plan in advance to build a throwaway, or to promise to deliver the
throwaway to customers.       - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"