[U-Boot] buildman: using wrong libgcc.a (magic -3)

Steve Rae srae at broadcom.com
Wed Nov 5 20:36:52 CET 2014

On 14-11-05 11:09 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Steve,
>
> In message <545A74E6.5010208 at broadcom.com> you wrote:
>>
>> In my experience, we would normally set the CROSS_COMPILE variable to
>> the "prefix" of the cross compiler toolchain, for example:
>>
>> CROSS_COMPILE=/opt/eldk-5.4/armv7a/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-linux-gnueabi/arm-linux-gnueabi-
>
> Actually we should have only
>
> 	CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
>
> and make the PATH take care of where to pick the tools from.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Actually, that would be unfortunate, because I currently have:
- /usr/bin/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
-
/opt/eldk-5.4/armv7a/sysroots/i686-eldk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-linux-gnueabi/arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
- (and others)
installed on my machine....
If $PATH" was to "take care of it", then somehow $PATH would need to be
constantly "rearranged" so that the desired compiler is selected correctly.
IMO it would be best to specify the "absolute path to the prefix"
completely, and not rely on PATH at all!
Thanks, Steve