[U-Boot] porting u-boot, few final questions

DaveKucharczyk david.kucharczyk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:21:08 CET 2014

So I am having another issue probably more related to computer science
fundamentals.

I have a global variable boot_dev defined in my board file like so...

I define boot_device in arch/arm/include/asm/arch-mx5/sys_proto.h like this…

Now, boot_dev returns the correct value in checkboard(), but returns 0 when
called from any other function.

board_early_init_f() – we set boot_dev
checkboard() – we print it and works fine, prints 6 (SD_BOOT)
board_init() – prints 0 here
board_late_init() - prints 0 here

So…boot_dev is not set anywhere else except board_early_init_f(), then it
prints ok in checkboard(), but then it gets set to 0 somehow. Anyone know
why this could be? Checkboard() runs from flash and the others run from RAM.
Can that have something to do with it?