[U-Boot] loadb problem. Hangs on START_CHAR

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 17 12:44:40 CET 2014

Dear Bo,

In message <1416218063825-196499.post at n7.nabble.com> you wrote:

> If I turn down the baud rate to 9600, as well as set a line delay of 100 ms,
> the loadb transfer works, and I get 0x240 bytes of Hello World at the
> address of my choice.
>
> So, it seems to be some kind of baud rate missmatch between my board and the

You may want to attach a scope and measure the timing, then.

> PC. The console works fine in 115200 baud, so I'm a bit lost here. Does
> kermit require slow transfers?

No, not at all.  On contrary, the whole design is set up to provide
fastest binary download as permitted by the baud rate.

Did you include these options in your port settings?

	set carrier-watch off
	set handshake none
	set flow-control none
	set file type bin
	set file name lit
	set rec pack 1000
	set send pack 1000
	set window 5
	robust

?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything  to  add,
but when there is no longer anything to take away.
                                           - Antoine de Saint-Exupery