[U-Boot] Raspberry Pi with driver model

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Nov 24 16:58:50 CET 2014

Hi Stephen,

There was another thread where you reported a hang when booting
Raspberry Pi with driver model. It can be repeated by applying this
patch and trying to boot with syslinux.

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/392180/

When it hangs, the HDMI display displays lots of spaces, then lots of
dots, scrolling forever. The serial console displays nothing further.

I narrowed the problem down to writing to address 0. So it is easy to
repeat with something like 'mw 0 0'.

However I'm really not sure what is going on. Something with driver
model seems to make address 0 sensitive to writes. I can't see what
that might be, but I don't understand the platform very well. Do you
have any ideas?

Regards,
Simon