[U-Boot] Bare x86 support is merged to u-boot-x86

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Tue Nov 25 23:08:20 CET 2014

Hi Simon (and Bin),

> I've applied the remaining x86 patches to u-boot-x86. It runs on
> chromebook_link (Pixel) with support for most hardware relevant to a
> boot loader: SDRAM, SPI, PCI, USB (and USB Ethernet), SATA (internal
> 32GB SSD), SD card, LCD, UART, keyboard, EC.
>
> Bin this should be a good base for you to send patches for your Atom
> platform and I have no major work pending now so should not get in
> your way.

Thanks for all of your efforts on getting some x86 support into U-Boot.
Hopefully in the new year when project work is back under control I will
have some time to get involved with this - I have almost 20 years experience
porting commercial BIOS and UEFI solutions for x86 hardware and possibly a
bunch of Atom C2750 hardware arriving in January.

Other than the list of missing features, what are your long term
goals/ambitions/desires with x86 support in U-Boot?  From what I can see on
the Coreboot mailing list it isn't the friendliest of people and doesn't
seem to know how to deal with the binary blobs that both Intel and AMD seem
to mandate for their chipsets now.

Andy.