[U-Boot] [Question of dm serial] Is pending handler optional?

Masahiro YAMADA yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com
Thu Oct 23 21:10:46 CEST 2014

Hi Simon,

> Yes it is actually mandatory, since we really don't want drivers to
> block in their getc()/putc() methods.

If so, could you update this comment block, please?

I think the comment "This method is optional" is misleading.

> Output character check is required so we can implement flush. E.g.
> when we change the baud rate we should flush first.

OK, I will implement this way; .handler returns 0
input and output FIFO are both empty, returns 1 otherwise. Is this correct?
(My hardware cannot know how many characters are available in the FIFO.)

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada