[U-Boot] [RFC] Removal of doc/README.scrapyard

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 24 21:31:24 CEST 2014

Dear Marek,

In message <201410241709.09895.marex at denx.de> you wrote:

> I've recently been removing support for some boards and this README.scrapyard
> file came up again. The file is supposed to be used to keep track of removed
> boards.

Or, to put it differently, to document what was once suported and now
is no longer.

> I wonder if we shouldn't get rid of this README.scrapyard. Personally,
> I don't find much value in it ; if I am looking for some ancient board,
> I just do git log -p and search for whatever I need.

Well, of course you can search - but the you need to know what to
dearch for.  If you have no idea what to look for, then a text file
listing all the options that onces existed might be helpful to focus
your search - say, on specific board names and such.

That was the idea behind README.scrapyard - give you information what
you could use as search anchors for closer investigations.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It may be bad manners to talk with your mouth full, but it isn't  too
good either if you speak when your head is empty.