[U-Boot] Need FTP client support in U-Boot

Wally Yeh wally.yeh at atrustcorp.com
Wed Oct 29 15:17:12 CET 2014

>We are looking for FTP client command in U-boot commands, So that, we can
boot the O.S kernel-image through ftp-client(instead of tftpboot over
network). Why doesn't the U->boot support FTP client ?
>Can we implement/add the FTP client protocol code to U-boot sources and
customize. if so, how much work activity involved in this ?
>Is this just need to write a small ftp-client program file by using TCP
stream sockets (as like in Linux) ? Or do we need to write up anything more
like TCP/IP network stack..

U-boot already have TFTP and NFS support, I think it doesn't need a full
function FTP support.

>Please give some suggestion on this.

How about using TFTP or NFS instead?

Wally