[U-Boot] Need FTP client support in U-Boot

Mythri, Madhukar (Artesyn) Madhukar.Mythri at artesyn.com
Wed Oct 29 14:19:00 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm a newbie to U-boot(familiar with Linux).
We are looking for FTP client command in U-boot commands, So that, we can boot the O.S kernel-image through ftp-client(instead of tftpboot over network). Why doesn't the U-boot support FTP client ?
Can we implement/add the FTP client protocol code to U-boot sources and customize. if so, how much work activity involved in this ?
Is this just need to write a small ftp-client program file by using TCP stream sockets (as like in Linux) ? Or do we need to write up anything more like TCP/IP network stack..

Please give some suggestion on this.

Thanks,
Madhu.