[U-Boot] u-boot license: SPDX GPL-2.0+ deprecated?

Sharma Bhupesh bhupesh.sharma at freescale.com
Fri Aug 14 10:24:27 CEST 2015

Hi Wolfgang, Others

I was going through the Software Package Data Exchange (SPDX) licensing terms for GNU General Public License v2.0 or later, as u-boot licensing uses the same on the header files (SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0+) (please see [1]).

However, on the SPDX license page for GPL-2.0+ it is mentioned that this license has been deprecated since Release 2.0 of the SPDX Specification [2.0rc2] (please see [2]).

This confuses me. Do we need to change the licensing information text on the header files?

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Licensing
[2] http://spdx.org/licenses/GPL-2.0+

Regards,
Bhupesh