[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2015.04-rc1 released

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Mon Feb 2 23:03:59 CET 2015

   Hi Tom

On 02/02/2015 02:00 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've pushed v2015.04-rc1 out to the repository and tarballs should exist
> soon.

   I had this short patch sent out some time ago :

http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/PATCH-mpc837xerdb-fix-Calling-hwconfig-without-a-buffer-warning-tp202599.html

   I am new to the process and I wonder if all the mpc83xx
related patches need to go through Kim or if self-contained
(specific to a board) patches could be picked up by you. I feel
Kim is little too busy for this.

   I have few other related patches prepared that I would like
to send.

   I also sent out this e-mail to Ilya for another generic
board support :

http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/mpc8308rdb-generic-board-support-tc203974.html

   I have patches for mpc8323rdb to add generic board support
and that it doesn't get removed. It is known to be not maintained
and I can maintain that board as well. (prev maintainer
Michael Barkowski seems to have left FSL while ago)

   My goal here is to save as many 83xx based boards as possible
that I believe there are still new designs for and I have access to
their related eval boards.

   I just don't know if I should bug Kim each time or if
those mpc83xx board related patches could go through your
tree after sitting for comments in the m-l sometime. This
would make things a bit faster/simpler.

   Kim is cc'ed, perhaps he can chime in as well.

   Thanks

   Sinan Akman