[U-Boot] relocation on freescale mx35 doesn't work after update to 2015.01

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Feb 6 01:15:59 CET 2015

Hello Sebastian,

On Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:24:40 +0000, Priebe, Sebastian
<Sebastian.Priebe at cadcon.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a custom board with iMX35 CPU (ARM1136).
> After I updated to version 2015.01 the relocation doesn't work anymore.
> I turned on CONFIG_DEBUG and the last output I saw was:
>     Relocating to 83f89000, new gd at 83e84ec8, sp at 83e84ea0
>
> I recognized the new function "relocate_vectors".
> I copied the special handling (strong function) from mx25, which is just skipping the relocation of the vectors and with that the U-Boot is booting again on my board.
>
> Do I need some special handling for mx35, too? Does anyone have the same problem?
>
> Any advice?

Yes, you quite possibly need some special handling. Look up the i.MX35
documentation and see how the exception vectors are handled. Probably
there is something similar to what had to be done with i.MX27 (and
that probably should (have) be(en) done wth i.MX25 too instead of just
skipping the whole thing).

> Thanks,
> Sebastian

Amicalement,