[U-Boot] u-boot sunxi fel plan for v2015.04

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Feb 15 17:38:48 CET 2015

Hi,

On 15-02-15 15:43, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:50:49 -0500
> Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 09:19:08AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>>> Hi Siarhei and Simon,
>>>
>>> I'm wondering what the plan is wrt sunxi FEL booting for u-boot
>>> v2015.04 I know that you both have been working on this, and I
>>> think that for v2015.04 Simon's latest set probably is the best
>>> way forward for now, we're going to need parts of that set
>>> anyways for the more complete solution Siarhei has.
>>>
>>> we could replace the patch adding all the #ifdef's to start.S
>>> with code saving / restoring PCR15 and friends, that would be
>>> more cleaner.
>>>
>>> So I see 2 ways forwards for v2014.05
>>>
>>> 1) Go with Simon's latest set as is.
>>> 2) Take the first patches from Simon's set and replace the
>>> on adding he #ifdef's to start.S with one saving / restoring
>>> the necessary regs
>>>
>>> I've a slight preference for 2. Siarhei, can you perhaps prepare
>>> a patch-set for 2 for merging for v2014.05 ?
>>
>> And when everyone is happy I'll take it via the sunxi tree (And try and
>> see about giving it a spin on my Lime2).  Thanks!
>
> Thanks for clarifying this.
>
> Simon, could you please confirm that you are not going to do anything
> anymore with the third patch from your sunxi FEL fixes set?
>
> Hans, could you please queue Simon's patches in the sunxi next branch
> just like Tom suggested (and after the status of the third patch becomes
> more clear)?

I'm fine with taking Simon's patch-set as is, and upstreaming it through
the sunxi tree, but the start.S changes are not really sunxi specific, so I
think they need Alberts ack?

Tom are you ok with taking these without Albert's ack?

And/or Albert can we have your ack for:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/437580/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/437581/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/437582/

(the 2nd one is not really ARM specific, but still)

Regards,

Hans