[U-Boot] Is anyone working on NAND support for Armada-XP?

Chris Packham judge.packham at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:03:15 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 06:18:00 AM, Chris Packham wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
>> I find myself in need of a NAND flash controller.
>>
>> I could probably massage the one from Marvell's bootloader into shape
>> which actually appears to be based on the pxa3xx_nand.c driver from
>> Linux. It appears that there was some effort put into adding a pxa3xx
>> driver a while back[1] but that thread appears to end with the patch
>> being dropped.
>
> Yeah, I never got to fixing it proper in the end.

Was the old attempt a port or an implementation from scratch?

>> Is there anything more current that I could nudge along? Or should I
>> just start with porting Marvell's one.
>
> Maybe you should just start porting the PXA3xx one from Linux ? That
> one is the highest quality right now to my knowledge.

Any idea of of how close to "the u-boot way" the Linux driver is? I
haven't started looking at it yet.

I might need to do something expedient for my needs right now and come
back to doing a proper port later. The Marvell one is at least
implemented for u-boot, albeit v2013.01 and with their horrible USP
style. But if the port from Linux is relatively trivial it might be
easier to do than to catch the Marvell code up with 2 years of u-boot
development.