[U-Boot] U-Boot stuck after relocation attempt on MX51 board

Benoît Thébaudeau benoit.thebaudeau.dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 00:56:00 CET 2015

Dear Dave Kucharczyk,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:08 PM, DaveKucharczyk
<david.kucharczyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fabio Estevam-2 wrote
>> Also, you said that your 512MB board version works fine, but the 256MB
>> fails.
>>
>> I suppose you are using two different binaries for each board, right?
>> You can't have a single binary for the two boards, unless you use the
>> SPL approach.
>
> Fabio, we use one binary. It has runtime memory discovery via gpio's
> (resistor reads). DRAM size is reported correctly from both boards. It just
> hangs on the 256MB board.
>
> We do not have SPL setup.

You should try with 2015.01 as Fabio suggested.

Also, check the CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE of your board. From your log, I'm
wondering if it's not set too high, resulting in an overlap of the
pre- and post-relocation addresses occupied by your binary in the
256-MiB case.

Best regards,
Benoît