[U-Boot] U-Boot stuck after relocation attempt on MX51 board

DaveKucharczyk david.kucharczyk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:19:38 CET 2015

Benoît Thébaudeau-2 wrote
> Also, check the CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE of your board. From your log, I'm
> wondering if it's not set too high, resulting in an overlap of the
> pre- and post-relocation addresses occupied by your binary in the
> 256-MiB case.

BINGO!!! Good catch Benoît, thank you. I changed it from 9FF80000 to
9F000000 and now it boots.

Looking at the original log...it relocated 90KB above text base. Not quite
enough room...
--------
U-Boot code: 9FF80000 -> 9FFA6840  BSS: -> 9FFD944C
.
Relocating to 9ff96000, new gd at 9fe55ed0, sp at 9fe55eb0
------

On a side note, how involved would it be to convert to 2015.01? I've already
ported 3 boards for 2014.07. Will everything I've done work perfectly fine
with 2015.01?