[U-Boot] U-Boot stuck after relocation attempt on MX51 board

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 17:00:48 CET 2015

Hi Dave,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Benoît Thébaudeau
<benoit.thebaudeau.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> You will probably have to make a few adjustments, but that should not
> be too heavy. There have been many changes in the infrastructure of
> U-Boot lately, mainly revolving around the integration of Kconfig,
> Kbuild and the driver model. At worst, you should have to upgrade your
> config / make / maintainers files, and maybe adjust your code for a
> few changes in the driver APIs. To have an idea:
> http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=history;f=board/freescale/mx51evk;hpb=refs/tags/v2014.07;hb=refs/tags/v2015.01

In addition to what Benoît said, you could consider upstreaming your
board support, so that you don't have to worry about upgrading U-boot
in the future.
As I understand you have started with 2009.08, then moved to 2014.07
and plan to move to 2015.01. Also please keep in mind that we are in
the process of moving to 2015.04 :-)