[U-Boot] Zynq: Unable to boot from MMC

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Mon Nov 23 11:27:31 CET 2015

Hi Jagan,

On 23.11.2015 10:20, Jagan Teki wrote:
> Hi Moritz,
>
> On 23 November 2015 at 01:15, Moritz Fischer <moritz.fischer at ettus.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jagan,
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 6:25 AM, Jagan Teki <jteki at openedev.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Michal,
>>>
>>> I'm unable to boot the zynq board from MMC, here is my trails:
>>> 1. zynq-boot-bin.py -o boot.bin -u spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin
>>> copied boot.bin and u-boot-dtb.img on to sd card
>>>

>> try reverting 9ac4fc82071ce346e3885118242ff45d22f69b82. I ran into
>> this friday and was pointed to that
>> by a colleague.
>
> Still the same issue, here is the reverted commit
>
>     Revert "board_init: Change the logic to setup malloc_base"
>
>     This reverts commit 9ac4fc82071ce346e3885118242ff45d22f69b82.

I have reported problem with SPL in my pull request to Tom last week.
I have tested current HEAD. When you revert that sha1 reported above it
is just working directly in MMC bootmode on zc702.

On Friday Philip tried the same on zedboard and it was working fine for
him too.

I still don't know exactly where the problem is because I haven't spent
on it any time - just bisecting commit ID which was the first broken one.

Thanks,
Michal