[U-Boot] ZYNQ, ZC702 getting started

Jagan Teki jteki at openedev.com
Fri Sep 18 09:13:03 CEST 2015

On 18 September 2015 at 11:42, Hannes Schmelzer <hannes at schmelzer.or.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am currently starting development software for a new B&R board based on
> the ZYNQ7000.
>
> To make live easier i want to try start with the Xilinx Evalboard ZC702, get
> there some experience to start afterwards with my own board.
>
> I have allready built "zynq_zc702_defconfig" - but have no plan how to bring
> the build output to my board.
> Is it necessary to build some FSBL with the Xilinx SDK an merge the output
> with u-boot's output ?
> Or is it possible to take some SPL und U-Boot, burn it so SD-Card or QSPI
> flash and run ?

Either works fine.

For SPL use mmc instead of QSPI - qspi patches on the way to merge mainline.

mmc:
build the source in mainline and download zynq boot.bin generator from
[1] and copy boot.bin and u-boot-dtb.img on to sd card, thats it.

[1] https://github.com/openedev/u-boot-zynq/blob/master/tools/zynq-boot-bin.py

> many thanks for help and best regards,
> Hannes

thanks!