[U-Boot] fs: ext4: fix symlink read function

Suriyan Bhavani suriyanandbhavani at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 08:05:50 CEST 2015

Hi Gary,
   Recently you submitted a patch to fix the ext4 symlnik issue.

Can you please tell me the actual commands that failed or gave wrong
results?

I ask cause I am trying to do the below:
1. Incorporate symlnk test in fs-test.sh
2. use host instead of sb as sb is deprecated
3. Reproduce the issue without your fix, so I can see what is failing

I haven't been able to do 3. above (by reverting your fix to recreate the
error conditions). I tried the below commands in sandbox and they worked as
expected. (by creating a soft link pointing to 1MB.file)

# generic command check

ls host 0:0

size host 0:0 1MB.file.link

load host 0:0 0x01000008 1MB.file.link

md5sum 0x01000008 $filesize

# ext command check

ext4size host 0:0 1MB.file.link

ext4load host 0:0 0x01000008 1MB.file.link
md5sum 0x01000008 $filesize

Would be nice to throw some light on this issue so I can build a test case.

Hello Simon,
Are you aware that while building sandbox, we get :
  CC      drivers/misc/cros_ec_sandbox.o
drivers/misc/cros_ec_sandbox.c: In function ‘cros_ec_sandbox_packet’:
drivers/misc/cros_ec_sandbox.c:483:5: warning: ‘len’ may be used
uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  if (len < 0)
     ^

Thanks
- Suriyan