[U-Boot] fs: ext4: fix symlink read function

Gary Bisson gary.bisson at boundarydevices.com
Sun Sep 27 21:05:25 CEST 2015

Hi Suriyan,

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM, Suriyan Bhavani
<suriyanandbhavani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gary,
>    Recently you submitted a patch to fix the ext4 symlnik issue.
>
> Can you please tell me the actual commands that failed or gave wrong
> results?

The load command (tested on ext4 partition) was failing with an error
that said the file didn't exist since ext4fs_read_file was returning 0
(success) but this return value was considered a failure.

> I ask cause I am trying to do the below:
> 1. Incorporate symlnk test in fs-test.sh
> 2. use host instead of sb as sb is deprecated
> 3. Reproduce the issue without your fix, so I can see what is failing
>
> I haven't been able to do 3. above (by reverting your fix to recreate the
> error conditions). I tried the below commands in sandbox and they worked as
> expected. (by creating a soft link pointing to 1MB.file)

Have you reverted my patch only or did you go back to a prior commit
of 9f12cd0 which is where the API changed?

> # generic command check
>
> ls host 0:0
>
> size host 0:0 1MB.file.link
>
> load host 0:0 0x01000008 1MB.file.link
>
> md5sum 0x01000008 $filesize
>

> # ext command check
>
> ext4size host 0:0 1MB.file.link
>
> ext4load host 0:0 0x01000008 1MB.file.link
>
> md5sum 0x01000008 $filesize

That sounds about right, that is the kind of test I wanted to add.
Could you share the output of the ls command on the link file?

> Would be nice to throw some light on this issue so I can build a test case.

Well I hope my answer will help. I wanted to update the test script
but the sandbox didn't seem to work (I've sent an email about it).

Regards,
Gary