[U-Boot] Newbie SPL question for socfpga_sockit

George Broz brozgeo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 02:31:05 CEST 2016

On 5 April 2016 at 15:03, Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:
> On 04/05/2016 10:33 AM, Phil Reid wrote:

>>> Thanks, that's indeed rev. C . About time I bang my head against the
>>> desk because this is creepy.
>>>

>> FYI
>>
>> I've just spend some time trying to update the spl / uboot / kernel &
>> rootfs image on our
>> Altera socdk to use for some software testing / development.
>> Unfortunately it fails in the mem calibration process with the latest
>> uboot most of the time.
>> And when it does boot somtimes fails loading uboot fomr the mmc.
>
> Try this u-boot-socfpga/ddr branch [1] , see if it works for you.
>
> [1]
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-socfpga.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ddr

I downloaded a "snapshot" from the above link producing,
u-boot-socfpga-1931be2.tar.gz

When I try to build for sockit or de0_nano_soc I get:

 CC      drivers/mmc/mmc-uclass.o
  CC      drivers/mmc/dw_mmc.o
  CC      drivers/mmc/mmc.o
  CC      drivers/mmc/socfpga_dw_mmc.o
drivers/mmc/socfpga_dw_mmc.c:9:28: fatal error: asm/arch/dwmmc.h: No
such file or directory
 #include <asm/arch/dwmmc.h>
                            ^
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [drivers/mmc/socfpga_dw_mmc.o] Error 1
make: *** [drivers/mmc] Error 2

Please advise.

--George