[U-Boot] Newbie SPL question for socfpga_sockit

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Apr 8 07:16:54 CEST 2016

On 08.04.2016 01:51, George Broz wrote:

<snip>

>>> The patch applied cleanly. The behavior is unchanged with both
>>> dcache on and off. The "good" sticks still work, and "bad" sticks still don't.
>>
>> OK. Then I should probably go hunting for Kingston DataTraveler SE9,
>> right ? Can you give me a link to the stick you have, so I know what
>> crappy device to look for ? Thanks!
>
> Here it is [1] - I have the 8GB version.
>
> I think there will always be crappy sticks that don't work... but do you
> have any advice as to what properties will/might generally cause a problem?
>
> [1] http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-DataTraveler-DTSE9H-16GBZET/dp/B00DYQYITG

I have exactly this stick here (16GiB) version. And it is detected just
fine in both, current mainline Armada XP (theadorable) and x86 boards
(conga-qeval20-qa3-e3845). Here my lsusb output:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0930:6545 Toshiba Corp. Kingston DataTraveler 102/2.0 / HEMA Flash Drive 2 GB / PNY Attache 4GB Stick
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0930 Toshiba Corp.
  idProduct          0x6545 Kingston DataTraveler 102/2.0 / HEMA Flash Drive 2 GB / PNY Attache 4GB Stick
  bcdDevice            1.10
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 3