[U-Boot] Issue with USB mass storage (thumb drives)

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Apr 25 10:16:44 CEST 2016

Hi Marek,

On 19.04.2016 01:54, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 04/15/2016 02:13 PM, Diego wrote:

>>> So the DTSE9 is problematic even on EHCI ? Sigh ... I'll have to look
>>> into that one stick deeper, that's real bad.
>>>

>> Hi Marek,
>>
>> yes, I was getting the following error with the Kingston DTSE9 USB 2.0:
>> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
>> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
>> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
>> The model is the one in this photo:
>> http://katteway.com/images/Kingston-DataTraveler-DTSE9-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive-Silver.jpg
>> ID 0951:1689 Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9
>>
>> I'm available if you want any additional info.
>
> I have the same stick and the same problems, but I should be able to
> check it with USB analyzer this or next week.

I'm now finally starting to debug this USB key detection problem
on SoCFPGA, introduced with my USB scanning speedup patchset.
My current configuration is the SoCrates board with an USB OTG
cable to attach an USB stick. This is what I get with the
later U-Boot (master branch) and this patch reverted (c998da0d67
"usb: Change power-on / scanning timeout handling":

=> usb start
starting USB...
USB0:   Core Release: 2.93a
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
dwc_otg_core_host_init: Timeout!
scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
=> usb tree
USB device tree:
  1  Hub (480 Mb/s, 0mA)
      U-Boot Root Hub

This does not change if this patch above is reverted or not.
Does anyone else have these dwc core timeouts?

Thanks,
Stefan