[U-Boot] Issue with USB mass storage (thumb drives)

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Wed Apr 27 04:14:45 CEST 2016

On 04/15/2016 02:13 PM, Diego wrote:
> In data venerdì 15 aprile 2016 12:53:36, Marek Vasut ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> sorry for reopening this thread, but I'd like to provide some additional
>>> infos.
>>>
>>> I was experiencing the same problem with several USB thumb drives,
>>> especially with some Kingston DataTraveler.
>>>
>>> Changing USB_MAX_XFER_BLK from 65535 to 32767 definitely fixed the "EHCI
>>> timed out on TD" but also fixed a more subtle problem.
>>
>> So the DTSE9 is problematic even on EHCI ? Sigh ... I'll have to look
>> into that one stick deeper, that's real bad.
>>

> Hi Marek,
>
> yes, I was getting the following error with the Kingston DTSE9 USB 2.0:
> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
> EHCI timed out on TD - token=0x1e008d80
> The model is the one in this photo:
> http://katteway.com/images/Kingston-DataTraveler-DTSE9-8GB-USB-Flash-Drive-Silver.jpg
> ID 0951:1689 Kingston Technology DataTraveler SE9
>
> I'm available if you want any additional info.

This Kingston DTSE9 seems to be really pure evil. I connected it to
TotalPhase Beagle USB 480 and plugged it into a PC and the bloody
stick generates broken packets at the beginning. I suspect this is
so bad that it crashes DWC2 controller if plugged directly into it.

I didn't try investigating it with another EHCI controller yet.
Which CPU do you use on your system?

> Bests,
> Diego

Marek Vasut