[U-Boot] [ANN] v2016.05-rc3

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Apr 27 17:04:19 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 12:05:58PM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2016-04-25, Tom Rini wrote:
> > I know I did v2016.05-rc2 just last week, but that's because I was off
> > schedule.  We are two weeks out from scheduled release, so he's -rc3.
> > Please test this everywhere you can.
>
> I'm having issues with v2016.05-rc3 booting beaglebone black from eMMC
> and microSD, reverting ef5ebe951bec72631cdbc7cef9079e6c684e5d0b
> "ti_armv7_common.h: Fix U-Boot location on eMMC" seems to fix the issue
> for me.
>
> It appears this patch changed where the raw offsets for loading
> u-boot.img are, though the "old" offsets are already in widespread use,
> so would be unfortunate to have to change them everywhere else.

Indeed this is a problem.  I think for this release we might have to
revert the change and then moving forward extend SPL to allow this
location to come via the environment (which we do for example with
bootcount) so that other use-cases can change things as needed.  Sorry
for the confusion, I had thought the patch was doing something slightly
different than it is.

--
Tom