[U-Boot] [ANN] U-Boot v2016.09-rc2 released

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Aug 23 02:38:42 CEST 2016

Hey all,

It's release day and v2016.09-rc2 is out now.  It's a week late as I wanted a few more things in and then next thing I knew it was Thursday, so I just pushed it out.  I've updated git and the tarballs are also up now.  A short list of changes to come in now are:
- More and various SoC and architecture updates
- Various DM updates and conversions
- PSCI updates
- MAKEALL is gone, buildman is for use by all
- We now have xtensa support
- DT overlays

A non-code change is that now I have Jenkins setup to automatically poll
my WIP branches and run test/py/test.py on a few real boards along with
sandbox.  I still have some more configuring and cabling to do, and a
few more boards I can get setup.

If you notice any problems with the release, please speak out and thanks
all!

--
Tom