[U-Boot] Rockchip RK3288 u-boot with mainline kernel

Heiko Stuebner heiko at sntech.de
Sat Dec 3 22:24:56 CET 2016

Hi Rick,

Am Samstag, 3. Dezember 2016, 10:07:25 CET schrieb Rick Bronson:
>   Thanks very much for the link.  I got it, went to the branch,
> applied my patches from main denx u-boot and got it to work!
>
>   The only odd thing is, I have to do this:
>
> regulator dev vcc_lan
> regulator enable
>
>   Or else I can't use the networking.
>
>   When I boot up I see:
>
> => regulator status
> Name                 Enabled            uV         mA Mode
> vcc_lan              disabled            -          - -
>
>   I've studied all of the various rk3288*.dts* examples but have no
> idea why the vcc_lan does not start up upon boot.  My dtsi file is
> below.  Thanks for any help.

Firefly and Rock2 use an act8846 as pmic while your board seems to use the
rk808. The switch used to control your vcc_lan is most likely off on boot
while the regulator used on firefly etc is most likely simply on on boot.

I don't know if the devicemanager-part of uboot actually handles such
regulator-supplies at all.

Heiko