[U-Boot] Rockchip RK3288 u-boot with mainline kernel

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Tue Dec 6 01:56:28 CET 2016

Hi Heiko,

  Thanks again for the help.

  Been testing the RK3288 Ethernet and it works pretty good.  One
thing I was wondering about was that I seemed to have to have:

CONFIG_NET_RANDOM_ETHADDR=y

  or I get:

Error: ethernet at ff290000 address not set.

  Is there a better way?

  Another issue we were having is when attached to a Gigabit
switch/router it seemed to have a lot of trouble negociating and would
fail often.  So, for the time being, I've hooked it to a 100MBit
router.  Haven't seen any problems with that.  Just wondered if you
have observed this behavior?

  Thanks,

 Rick