[U-Boot] Problem with mounting a jffs2 partition on flash.

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Thu Feb 11 15:56:47 CET 2016

On 02/11/2016 03:02 PM, Bakhvalov, Denis (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) wrote:
> $ quartus_hps -c 1 -o PV -a 0x0 u-boot-with-spl.sfp.bin
> // here ".bin" because current programmer requires so. I think it shouldn't be a problem.

This looks fine. You should be able to avoid renaming the file to have a
.bin suffix, the quartus_hps should take any file. I only tested it
with quartus 15.1 though, so it is possible there was a change since
13.1 which is what you use.

> From manual:
> "HPS Flash Programmer
> The utility accepts a Binary File with a required ".bin" extension.
> The HPS flash programmer command-line syntax is:
> quartus_hps <options> <file.bin>"
>
> Info: Version 13.1.0 Build 162 10/23/2013 SJ Full Version
>
> After that I power off/on the unit and nothing happened.
> I also compared md5 while copying - everything should be ok.
>
> I tried it 2 times with no success:
> Looks like unit is no booting.
> No output in the console is visible.

There is output, but it takes a while for the USB-to-UART chip to kick
in after restart, so you don't see it. I will send you two more patches,
so apply them and it should get you up and running. The QSPI NOR boot
was not enabled on AV/CV SoCDK.

You can also grab the latest stuff here:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-socfpga.git;a=summary